El Clásico de Clásicos

4/04/2010 06:28:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /


So now, it's the Mexican version of Barcelona v Madrid tonight. Club Deportivo Guadalajara (Chivas) v América - El Clásico de Clásicos - the derby of derbies if you will. From what I can understand Guadalajara, which if you recall are the team I adopted some weeks ago, are the people's team as their squad is always made up entirely of Mexicans whereas América are the bad guys (boooooo) - the Real Madrid of Mexico if you will, as they're based in the Capital, have the most monies and tend to buy foreign players.

It kicks off at 2am and I shall toot my trumpet and eat tacos as the game progresses safe in the knowledge I will not wake my neighbours as they all lost their hearing and sense of smell many years ago. I'm hoping for lots of goals so as to provoke verbal eruptions from the Mexican commentators. Their shoutings of Gooooooooal often last up to half an hour in these games apparently. Unfortunately we're not expecting crowd booby shots, as this is Mexico, not Brazil.

We shall also get to have a look at many of the Mexican national team's players including of course the World Cup's golden boat winner Javier Hernandez who you can back at 125/1 with sky bet. Chivas are 11/10 also with Skybet...just saying.

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment