Promising starts poor finishes

5/18/2009 04:08:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

As Sunday's go yesterday was a disappointing one. Poor little Doviziso was mugged on the last third of the last lap by even littler Dani Pedrosa. A podium finish seemed a certainty in a bizarre race which started wet and finished dry. I should know better than to bet on a race held in France. France hates me, always has.

Behind you. Dovi about to get mugged by a Spanish midget.

After taking down an unofficial Pigeons game (only 6 runners) I was hoping to come home and watch the Blackhawks take down game 1 of the Western Conference Final series at the Joe. I Sky Plussed it see and used all of my will power not to look up the score. I was teased into thinking we might win as it was 2-2 with 15 minutes to go in the third period.

They were getting out-shot but they always do. Once those 15 minutes had elapsed it had finished 5-2 to the Red Wings - 4-2 really as the 5th was an empty-netter, but one has to accept that the score didn't really flatter Detroit.

After the first period which was fairly even, Detroit seemed to always have one more skater than my chaps. Too many odd man rushes - twos against ones, threes against twos. I feared to watch yet could not turn away.


This is OK though, DON'T PANIC!! My chaps were nervous and it showed. Little Kaner did not have a single shot. But it's a big game, last time the Hawks were in a game this big Jonathon Toews and Patrick Kane were 6 years old. They will have to grow up fast mind, but I will be keeping the faith.

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment