Update..

2/05/2010 02:52:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

So then now then now then so then...When I left you I was about to move. I've done that now and I'm settled in my little bungalow. My new house is now a home too and what an exhausting process that was. It was easier in the last place as I had less rooms you see. This time around was also made more arduous as I have a mysterious shoulder injury that presents itself when I adopt certain poses.

I've found that having only dial up speed access to the internets via my iPhone was unpleasant. I think that makes me almost a cyborg as I'm essentially dependent on the interconnection with the internets. It's how I communicate, it's how I learn, it's how I shop. Scary really. Or not depending on your point of view.

In other news, I actually managed to win a poker tournament at the Fox, something I haven't done since early last year!! Dear lord has it been that long!? At least it was a juicy one to win. I've actually spent this morning spending my winnings. I had to buy a new Mexico shirt as the World Cup is approaching swiftly and I'm actually looking forward to it as I feel Mexico have a great chance of doing much better than England.

I've also bought a new keyboard as the "N" key on my current one keeps sticking. I think I managed to lodge a piece of chocolate down there when I was packing and eating a creme egg at the same time, but I'm damned if I can release it.

I almost bought a new iMac as it goes. I think I need the new one - the big bastard 27 inch one that's as big as my telly and about as cool as anything can get without instantly killing you from its coolness. It's what every faux-Mexican cyborg needs. I've also bought some towels and a toilet brush if you must know.

Sport later, but before that, I hired an interior designer to convert my second bedroom/cupboard into a dressing room so I can have somewhere to hang all my Mexican shirts and somewhere to hide if I ever happen to fancy playing hide and seek with someone. Jill her name was, she was tall, but I suspect she'll do an OK job. In all fairness, I wouldn't.

Sport now. My poor little Arsenal chaps have been given a working over since we last spoke. I had actually genuinely felt in my bones that the boys would give Man Utd a bit of a thrashing. In this I was much mistaken.

I felt it a little unfair they should have to play Man Utd, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Liverpool and FC Porto within the space of about three weeks. I sense foul play. If after this series of tricky confrontations the boys are within 4-5 points of Chelsea I still feel my reverse-forecast wager of Chelsea/Arsenal is in good shape. I refuse to accept that Manchester United are anything more than an average side also Rooney breaks a foot about now in World Cup years.

In other sports, the Blackhawks are in great shape as we speak. Twenty-five games to go in the regular season. Unless something bizarre occurs I feel it's a Blackhawks - Capitals Stanley Cup final. A one man team can never take down such a series so I can only see my boys taking Lord Stanley's cup back to Chicago for the first time since rape was just a matter of boyish hijinks and Tottenham were First Division Champions - 1961!

I have nothing else to say at this time, but do follow me on the Twitters - VoyPorustedes - This way you'll know instantly when I'm eating steak and everything.

Good afternoon.

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment