Bet on these Basterds at 20/1

2/18/2010 11:09:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /


I had occasion this morning to read an intriguing article about the forthcoming Oscars and the chances of Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds causing an upset. When I say intriguing, I mean from a betting point of view, because of course the Oscars from any other point of view is not worth even ten of your Earth seconds of my time.

Now I just happen to watch this movie recently and I very much enjoyed it. It's very much my kind of film. Now there's a debate to be had about the morality of essentially turning Jews into Nazis, but that's a debate for more pretentious leaning people than me. I personally don't like to think that deeply about movies. Was it worth the £3 I paid to view it? Yes, well alright then, job done Mr Director.

I've skewed off on somewhat of a tangent and for that I apologise.

The article took the view that like me, the Oscars people have their own agenda when dishing these things out and the Best Film and Best Director Oscars don't usually go to the big box office smash of the year - in this case that Avatar thing and it's director the boy Cameron. Here's hoping this will be a shocking year for all of the world's Camerons.

This dude who wrote the article reckons Inglourious Basterds might just be well placed to cause a shock in these two categories. And this was the bit that intrigued me, cause the film is 20/1 to win the Best Film Oscar and the boy Tarantino is also 20/1 to win Best Director. Something like 26.0 on the Betfairs.

The other contender is Hurt Locker, and I forget why he said that won't win, but whatever it was, at odds of 20/1 I'm willing to take his word for it, so I've had a few shilling on both markets. Just thought I'd mention it.

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment