Now then...

2/08/2010 06:33:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

So it's been an indifferent day. Obviously I was all rather excited by the opening of the Subway Sammich place. It was like being a kid again the night before Christmas. I could barely concentrate on the Superbowl such was the degree of hungries in my stomach. Well played the Saints incidentally.

They have ruined a wager of mine, but I still wanted the Saints to win, it's a city I have always wanted to visit despite the french influence, (at least they don't speak French like those silly people in Montreal). As far as I can tell they just get drunk a lot and sweat. Which I assume is why all the women folk only wear beads?

Paulie "two thumbs" wasn't so enthusiastic about the Superbowl apparently, as this picture sent from my darts partner Neal's mobile phone clearly illustrates. Can't blame him to be fair; a sound thrashing at poker and darts is enough to reduce any man to little more than a comatose vessel for storing stale lager.

Oooooh Gary, Gary, where for art thou Gary

It was with a heavy heart and soggy feet I returned home from the net yet open Subway place with a Ginsters chicken and sweetcorn sandwich, but my spirits were lifted instantly by an email from Auntie beeb. For many years now I have made attempts to win a coveted Daily Politics mug through their 'guess the year' competition - and last Wednesday it appears I was successful.

They only run the competition on Wednesdays now as that's when they get their biggest audience for the PMQs..and even though that half hour of awful people waving bits of paper at each and shouting Resiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiign or braaaaaaaaaavo at each other, angries up my blood a treat, I sit through it in order to see if I have finally won my prize.

Damn them though, last Wednesday they ran out of time and didn't have time to announce the winner. I had therefore forgotten about it and assumed I had failed once again. But no! They announced the winner on Thursday's show instead - who said these competitions are rigged? Look see here:




I should imagine they'll never actually get around to sending it to me, but just knowing it may arrive in the mail on any given morning will keep me happy for the rest of my days. If it arrives tomorrow I shall of course have to search for some other reason to remain positive. A tricky task. A tricky task.

The Subway place incidentally is set to open on Saturday. Teasing me they are. Teasing me.


Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment