Judo is not a sport I'm afraid

8/20/2008 11:53:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /


I've had John from the International Olympic Committee on the phone tonight. They're annoyed at me for a memo I sent them some time ago in which I refused to recognise Judo as a sport. I've told him again tonight that I just cannot give any credence to a sport which is essentially pushing and shoving.

If the training can involve expediting ones progress in a queue or muscling ones way onto a crowded bus, then I'm afraid, I told them, I can't accept it as an Olympic sport. Also, as a kid at primary school Judo was easily considered the most homosexual of the martial arts.

Fighting without kicking or punching? Get a life. If you can have Judo you can have hair pulling and name calling. Well John got pissed off after I told him that, said a few things about my Mum and hung up on me. Fair enough, if that's his attitude, but don't expect to see Judo in the next Olympics.

Oh, a small digression; I mentioned to him that I'd backed the Jamaican team to win the mens 100m relay and he told me I could kiss goodbye to that money. He didn't elaborate though. Weird.

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment