One more prediction

8/16/2008 11:35:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /

I struggled through about three minutes of Soccer AM this morning before I was reminded how tired, predictable and hackneyed it is. Someone really ought to have taken that show out to the barn about 6 years ago and put it out of it's misery..I fear the same fate for the results show thing, Saturday special soccer service thing, ...not the show necessarily but it's presenter Jeff Stelling.

I feel it's about time people started getting a bit bored of him. I know I am. He's a funny enough bloke, but he's reaching that stage in a TV dude's career where he starts to think he's just a wee bit funnier than he really is.

He'll forget people are tuning in to keep track of football, not to listen to his sarcastic remarks that were once funny, but are now just mildly irritating. It happened to poor Richard Whitely god rest his soul. Stopped seeing himself in an ironic sense, over did it a bit then died.

People watched Countdown because they liked having a go at the games and students watched it so they could laugh at the twat who presented it because of his authentic waffling gibberish.

Once the waffle became contrived he was no longer the ironic twat, he was simply just a twat.

If Jeff knows what's good for him he'll quit while he's ahead. I've said my piece.

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment