A shoe-in

12/15/2008 01:04:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /



I tell you what, George W. Bush may have been one of the most incompetent and dangerous world leaders in all of human history, he may have been responsible for war crimes and bringing the entire globe to the brink of economic collapse, but there's nothing wrong with his reactions.

He's lucky it was just a shoe though. When you show up in a country you've spent the best part of seven years returning to the stone age, you can expect some hostility. Can you imagine showing up at a mates birthday party after he's found out you've been fucking his girlfriend for the past seven years in the anus?

He's not going to buy you a drink is he? Bush is very fortunate that in Arabic culture, shoe related responses are the greatest of insults. I dare say it's easier to dodge a flying hush puppy than a sock full of snooker balls.

* * *
I don't know everything about cricket; I don't know all of the field positions for example, and I'm not entirely sure what a googly is, nor could I explain the Duckworth Lewis method of ending rain effected games, but what I do know is that when you declare in your second innings, you shouldn't friggin' lose the test match!

I give up trying to predict the outcome of any sporting contest. They said India had a 3% chance of chasing down England's total. I know Kevin Pietersen isn't English, but he should have known that is not nearly enough of a cushion for any England side to see off an opposition.

"What the fuck?"

Since he's new to the job we'll allow him a little latitude here, but he's going to have to learn quickly that England need that percentage point to two decimal places before they can relax - 0.05% at the most.

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment