Pac-Man v the Ghost.

12/07/2008 03:15:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /


After the wagering fiasco of the last big fight night, I decided not to bother with this one save for a small wager to keep things interesting. I've had £3 on a Pacquiao win in the 7th, 8th or 9th rounds. I think that's almost physically impossible as De La Hoya is so much bigger but at 40/1 a round, one might as well have a punt no?

I know nothing about this Filipino dude to be fair...I keep hearing how he's the best fighter in the whole wide world 'pound for pound.' I don't doubt this, but the operative phrase here is 'pound for pound'...in the context of this fight that's a thinly veiled code for Pacquiao is a great fighter but he's an iddy biddy one nonetheless compared to De La Hoya and as the old fighting maxim goes, a good big fighter always beats a good small fighter.

This is why I've refrained from taking the 9/4 on Pacquiao and settled for just a tiddly bet. De La Hoya may be a ghost of his former self, but a ghost still fast enough to catch up with ickle Pac-Man.

What ever occurs it's made me want to play Pac-Man again I don't mind telling you and Out Run too, I was great at that.



Labels: ,

2 comments:

Anonymous on 7 December 2008 at 23:28

9/4 was early... happy to get 100 on him with Paddy's @ 2/1. Fair play on the round betting though. Betfair forum links to a feed of the fight, any chance you can post it?

Cheers
Hunter

Comment by Rich on 8 December 2008 at 00:22

I closed the link to the fight after it was over..this was it though:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/de-la-hoya-vs-pacquiao---dec.-6%2C-2008-9pm-et

Cheers mate.

Post a Comment