Baltimore at Dallas

12/20/2008 10:50:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

Just a few days ago I wagered on Baltimore winning the Superbowl. Now, that wager largely depended on them beating Pittsburgh, which they failed to do. Controversial circumstances mind, but lose they did.

Now it's not inconceivable they might beat Dallas, but I'm not quite as confident as I was last week as there's a wee detail I over looked which was awfully remiss of me. I've been under a lot of stress recently though and my bowels are playing up.

What I failed to take into account was this game tonight is the final regular season game Dallas will play at Texas Stadium as they're moving to Arlington next season and teams generally win their last game before moving to new accommodations.

Since 1996 teams playing their last regular season game in the NFL before moving elsewhere are 11-2. Dallas are bound to have a legion of ex-players on the field at half time and spend hours reminiscing while the Ravens stand about kicking paper cups around and wishing they were somewhere else. Also the Ravens appear to be catching the Cowboys at the wrong time. Romo looks good and if he's fit it's hard to imagine a +5 handicap being enough.

Undeniably I've let myself down with an outrageous, presumptive and audacious wager and I shall ban myself from eating any fudge this weekend as punishment. I won't be betting on Dallas of course as I don't ever want to prosper from their success, but I can't see them losing this one. Even the good people at the Baltimore Sun are abandoning their own team. Woe is us.

*Update: As we speak with about 6 minutes left in the game Baltimore are up by two scores 19-10. I just may have miss-over-underestimated Baltimore and me too for betting on them to win the big show. Wooooo me.

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment