D'oh

12/06/2008 04:16:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /



I remember where I was the day in 1995 OJ Simpson was acquitted of double murder. I was parked on Elwood Street in Highbury waiting for a mammoth Arsenal v Hartlepool League Cup match. I was pleased for him, I had sympathy for him for some reason. Not sure I was condoning double murder, but I can't deny I wanted him to get off as it were. I think it might have been because I watched the trial every night on Sky TV and I thought Johnnie Cochran was funny and the prosecution woman Marcia Clark was a total fuck up.

I don't have too much sympathy for him on this latest effort though that's seen him sentenced to 5 to 15 years. If you're gonna kidnap someone and commit armed robbery, generally speaking you don't want to do it in a town that has more CCTV cameras per square inch than any other place on Earth and you can tell him I said so. Man, talk about US sports prima-donna's...at least Sean Avery didn't think he couldn't get away with murder.

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment