Females of 2008

12/20/2008 04:39:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

So it's about that time of year when I have to begin compiling my top 5 females of the year list, won by Jen Mason last year. It's been a sparse year if I'm honest with only a couple of candidates springing to mind at the time of writing.

Rachel Stevens is in the mix and she can thank More or Less for that. More or less is a radio show about the use of numbers in every day life. It doesn't sound too enthralling, but it's actually very interesting.

It's on radio 4 on Fridays at 1.30pm and repeated on Sundays at 4.00pm I think. Tim Harford presents, he's an economist and columnist for the FT.

Er...anyway, so they were discussing the voting fiasco on Strictly Come Dancing - an anomaly according to the BBC which was highly unexpected, but in actual fact had about a 1 in 8 chance of occurring according to the More or less people.

So yes, Rachel Stevens now ought to be a favourite to win the dancing thing because of the mathematics of it all apparently, although young Paul the Game won't want to hear that... and in my opinion having researched her form thoroughly because of the controversy, she easily meets the criteria for my honours list.

If I sway off on some tangents over the course of the next few blog posts please excuse me. I'm pain-killered up again and I'm not capable of maintaing a steady course of conversation. Other condenders at this time include ...QPR have scored...woooo hooo, 88th minute? Thank fuck for that..Scarlett Johansson for her role in Lost in Translation. Granted that movie was made in 2003, but I only saw it for the first time earlier this year. I found her delicious.


Dani Behr also may be considered. Usually I don't like to include anyone with an IQ lower than Des O'Conner's but I'll make an exception in young Dani's case. I was excited by her when she appeared on This Week last week, she looked sultry in a kind of slutty whore kind of way.

The fact she has a blokes name works in her favour - as you may recall, I kinda like women sporting mens names. I still haven't addressed the source of this appeal. It's better that way.

More on this later.

Labels:

2 comments:

Comment by Unknown on 24 December 2008 at 08:15

Ha, i see what you mean now when you were asking me if i was sure about my dancing bets...i must have mentioned at least ten times on my blog that i had £100 on Rachel at 6/1!

Comment by Rich on 24 December 2008 at 16:29

To be fair, I never the posts about dancing.

Post a Comment