Come on the toffees

4/19/2009 03:43:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

Let's see how deep Manchester United's squad really is shall we? If I'm right they'll lose today because their second eleven is in reality, utter tripe. I need Everton to win today. They're the final selection of a Yankee I placed on Toosday which has been ruined by Manchester City beating Hamburg and Porto losing to Machester United. If Everton can win at ridiculous odds of 4/1, I'll at least get half my stake back and I can re-invest it in some hockey wagers.

The 4/1 I was given is a nonsense price in my honest and humble opinion. Manchester United historically struggle in games immediately after they've played Champions League fixtures away and on a natural ground against a United team comprising of eleven fans who have won a competition to play for the team (I assume that's how United's team was put together?) Everton must surely be a 6/4 shot at worst?

Also, my first ever bet in a betting shop was in 1995 when Everton played United in the FA cup final and the Toffees won 1-0. Surely an omen? I've also had £10 on Tim Cahill to score first at 10.0 which is a great price considering Rio Ferdinand is playing and he's hopeless at defending set-pieces where you Timmy scores so many headed goals.

The end.

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment