Sunday Supplement

1/17/2010 06:08:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

If there's something that creates turbulence in my insides more than a Frey Bentos chicken curry pie, it's listening to football journalists on the Sunday Supplement on Sky Sports talking absolute horse-hockey. I could be a football writer if all the qualifications you need are to have no rational justification for your opinions.

This morning the consensus view was that Arsenal can't win the league because they don't have a 25 goal a season striker. Now that of course is true as far as it goes with Bendtner both rubbish and injured and Van persie out for the season, but Arsenal are on course for 100 league goals this season. No team has ever scored 100 goals since the Premier League's conception. If the boys score 100 times and don't win the league it won't be because of a lack of a 25 goal striker, it'll be because our defense was rubbish.

You only need these goal scorers if the rest of your team doesn't produce goals no? Arsenal are one of the few teams who score goals from all over the shop. Even some of the tea ladies have gotten on the score sheet for us this season. Nonsense, pure nonsense.

The boys are top scorers yet the only player in the top 10 goal scorers from Arsenal is Cesc Fabregas with 10. They just don't like Johnny foreigner, that's all it is. They don't want us to win. They seemed to skate over the fact that Manchester United don't have one of these strikers either. In fact of all the teams who can realistically become champions this season it's only Chelsea who do.

They also said England can't win the World Cup if David James doesn't play!! Paul Merson said this very same thing yesterday, but Paul Merson has the same IQ has the chicken curry pies we mentioned earlier. For supposedly educated journos to repeat such bull-cookies is astonishing really. I wonder in fact if I have dreamt this and was asleep this morning after all.

These same journalists nicknamed him "calamity" James not so long ago and now they believe the England World Cup chances are dependent on his inclusion in the squad. This is almost as baffling as Emile Heskey's professional career. How do these things happen? I'm just glad I'm Mexican so I don't have to worry about this.

David James almost catching a ball some time ago


In other sporting news, I realised last night as I watched unenthusiastically as Baltimore's season fizzled out that a Superbowl win from the Ravens would have been worth £800 to me due to a Yankee wager placed many weeks ago. However, a Colts Superbowl win is worth £1,500 to me due to another wager I'd forgotten about so I was able to over come my initial disapointment at the 20-3 result. Arsenal and the Chicago Blackhawks also have to become Champions too but that's obviously not in doubt, so all I have to worry about now is what to spend my winnings on, which at this point looks like a long over due trip to New York.

In today's game I've had a wee double wager on Minnesota and New York. I don't like Dallas and don't trust southern Californian teams when it comes to progressing in the post-season of any north Mercan sport and that's more justification for a bet than any English sports journo will offer you. I've placed my bets, I'll bid you good day.

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment