In a pickle at the Fox

1/19/2010 09:30:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /

Went over to the Fox last night. Was going OK until a final table confrontation with a certain farmer. With blinds at 500/1000, said farmer makes a standard bullshit raise to 4,000, I have 20,000 so I move all-in with Ace-Jack. Not a powerhouse holding by any stretch of the imagination, but I know I'm winning and I naively conclude that even a 16,000 raise will be enough to get my opponent off his hand.

Unfortunately the death knell sounded in the form of a standard Pickles speech when he chimes in with; "Siiiiiigh, I've got fuck all but I call."

He flips over the 10-4 off suit and I know I have no chance. According to the poker calculators I'm only a 68% favourite, so I'm already counting out my money at the cash table when the 4 hits on the river. Still, you've got to laugh.




Labels:

1 comments:

Comment by Rich on 21 January 2010 at 02:06

Opinions expressed here are those of the named commenter and are not necessarily shared by the blog author.

They are in this case though.

Post a Comment