And finally before bed...

1/18/2010 02:18:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /

Creme eggs, they're thinner these days aren't they? I'm sure back in the day the chocolate was much much thicker. I distinctly remember having to scratch away at the top of the shell with my teeth before it would crack and I would gain access to the fondanty goodness within. It was a long satisfying process. A simple, but pleasurable treat.

These days however, it takes hardly any pressure at all before the shell is breached. And not because my jaws can apply so much more pressure now than when I was seven years old.

I can eat a Creme Egg in about about six seconds now. It used to take me about fifteen minutes. Freud would seek a significant grant to research this.

This simple pleasure Cadbury are denying us is actually the genesis for social decline in this country in my humble opinion. When they started making Creme Eggs with thinner shells, we began the decent into the hell we live in now.

There's no going back of course. Kids these days don't have the patience to deal with the thicker shells even if Cadbury agreed to make them again. They want instant fondant, instant pleasure. It's enough to make you weep isn't it Sigmund.

Sigmund Feud: how do you eat yours? Fnar fnar

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment