Calm down

3/27/2009 07:41:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /


I don't usually watch Friday Fight Night on Sky Sports. Usually the standard is no better than the bouts outside the kebab shop about the same sort of time of night and I prefer live action, but at 10:00pm tonight I will be watching.

I happened to be up this morning and can vaguely recall an interview with one Michael Gomez, a Scouser who appears to think he's Mexican, chuntering on in scouse-speak about how he was going to smash up his opponent, the sweaty Ricky Burns. They don't get along it seems.

This Gomez fella seems utterly unhinged. Even for a journey man boxer from Liverpool he seemed incredibly unstable both emotionally and physically. Without knowing anything about his record or his opponent's record I've had £10 @ 20/1 on Burns to win by disqualification.

This seems like a Tyson ear biting attack waiting to happen to me and I feel there's value in the price. There's a 15% chance it could be something even more gruesome. Even if my bet loses, someone from Liverpool or someone from Edinburgh is going to get hurt tonight really horribly hurt and that's got to be worth a tenner of anyone's money.

**Update: Apparently Michael Gomez is Irish not scouse. Same sort of thing though and everything else remains relevant.


Labels: ,

1 comments:

Comment by Gilly on 28 March 2009 at 00:39

Just catching up to see how you are doing, still as entertaining as always. Hope you are well? How did you do at Cheltenham? I did great the first day and then went drastically down hill from there on in. Still, Aintree coming up soon, have you any tips?

Much love from Gilly xxxx

Post a Comment