Tips and advice

5/29/2008 08:22:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

People often say to me, Rich, how in Gah's name did you cope with a week of considerable drinking in a climate with no moisture and not succumb to a series a hideous hang-overs? And it's an interesting question.

My one hang-over came on the last morning when I was unfortunate enough to be so drunk as to not be able to prepare and consume my prophylactic solution. It was the kind of drunk where you wake up with fully clothed including shoes. Nasty.

Me: courtesy of Alan's blog at Las Vegas airport departure lounge

Anyway, my routine was to fall out of the lift, cross myself in front of the Mexican cleaning lady and stumble into my room and head straight for the little table in the corner. In a seated position I would undress myself being careful to remove everything in order.

I'd then clean my teeth and wash my face, then I'd giggle at my reflection. Again back to the table I'd mix a sachet of blackcurrant Dioralyte - available at all good chemists for about £2.50
- in a cup of bottled water.

I'd accompany that with two wicked strength cocodamol tablets, available to anyone on prescription, or from a guy called Danno who works out of the back of a Ford Capri in the car park of Waitrose.

On two fronts with this routine I was able to combat dehydration and nausea. I'd wake up having never felt so alive. I have no advice however for how to cope with the first hour of the limit $22 freeze-out at the Gold Coast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment