Oi'll fucking kill ya so I will

4/11/2008 01:11:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /

So when when when will Governments learn that in order to build a genuine sense of community, the people have to have a little latitude to police themselves? When, tell me? The strongest communities are built on a sense of us against them, and them is usually the state, so it's daft for the state to believe it's policies can impose a sense of community on us all.

I'm on my to the sammich sto this afternoon and I'm listening to a radio phone in from Norn Iron and by golly almost ever caller argued that they felt safer and had a stronger sense of community at the height of the troubles because their paramilitaries acted like a police force.

This is also the reason why Iraq is now in such a chaotic mess because the US in all it's wisdom completely dismantled the police force which had it's own way of doing things and also why the east end of London was safest when the Kray's were up until all hours cutting out Chelsea smiles into numerous dudes faces who for the best part, deserved it really. You larfin at me you carnt? I'll make you smile for the rest of your fackin liiife.

It's all well and good for the police to insist we resist the temptation for vigilante free for all's, and leave them to do their job and we would do if they could actually do their job, but they're not in a position to do their job anymore are they?

If your car was broken into do you ever expect the police to catch the weasly fucker? Or return your goods? Do you even bother calling the police nowadays? No. But would that same weasly fucker break into your car if you lived in a street populated by professional criminals with really sinister cockney/Italian/Northern Irish accents who were known publicly?

Bless the police, they're a sweet bunch with their little jackets and radio's and pretty blue lights and so on, but they're completely redundant aren't they to be fair to them. There's not enough of them for one thing, but what really makes them impotent is essentially being forced to keep the peace with two hands tied behind their backs as they're obliged to follow rules, provide evidence and observe silly human rights regulations.

I've often argued this country needed a ruthless crazy tyrant to solve it's crime issues. Someone who wears women's clothes behind closed doors preferably. Or at least the police need to be given absolute power. Give them say a free month every three months where they can do what they want without having to justify it. It's hardly likely that they'd use that time to beat old ladies up and be all mean to the innocent folk.

Surely they'd use the time constructively and it'd be open season on all the mouthy bastards that have used the police forces own rules to fuck them over. I've seen those police shows. Some drunk bastard swearing his tits off and the poor bobby just has to stand there and ask him politely to stop swearing. At the end of the show Ross Kemp or who ever's narrating reveals said drunk mouthy bastard was given a warning and told to be on his way. I'm quite sure no one's ever spoken to Gerry Adams like that.

So yes, let's have two police forces I say. I legit one with uniforms who adhere to the rules and keep all the EU people happy, and a darker force who dress as locals and operate in the shadows. Chavy fucking car thieves, drug dealers, sexual deviants, they'd be gone within the week, that's what I always say.



* * *

Anyway, what I really wanted to talk about was my new microwave. I nearly ruined it today. It's one of those combination efforts. I accidentally microwaved when I should have been ovening. For 40 minutes my food was cooking when it only needed 11 minutes. It melted. Black acrid smoke filled my kitchen. I'm a right narna.

0 comments:

Post a Comment