Hill Street Blues

4/22/2008 04:56:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

So it's that primary business again over in the US of States today and the stakes couldn't be any ....the same as it has been for what seems like forever. It's ever so slightly tedious now, I'm bored of it to be fair.

They're in Pennsylvania this time and once again the voting appears to be following the same pattern as all the other major states with bundles of delegates up for grabs; the hicks who eat mayonnaise sandwiches and go to family reunions to pull, will all vote for Hillary and the intelligent professional types in the the cities with vote for Obama.

Haggard old Hill Clinton will win about 64% of the vote and it'll change nothing. It's an awesome process and not at all a waste of everyone's time and money. It's quite scary though the future of the world could potentially rest in the hands of a demographic that have more pairs of dungarees than IQ points and an Amish community who are second only to Catholic priests in sexual abuse cover-ups.


* * *
On a brighter note, I'm World Heads-Up poker champion as of last night - I'm working on the assumption that the players at the Fox are the best in the world. I struggled through four titanic battles where I out-thought and out-manoeuvred my opponents hand after hand.

Excpet for the hand where I hit quad Jacks, the hand where I flopped a broadway straight, the hand where I hit a set of kings on the flop and filled up on the turn, the hand where I hit a set of fours on the flop, and a few other hands where I hit the nut flush draw.

Oh and one other hand where I was dealt Aces and mateyboy bet into me with 7-2. Apart from those few hands and almost every other hand to be honest where I seemed to hit cards street after street, it was an awesome display. Awesome.

* * *
In a few seconds I'll be placing a small wager on Chelsea and Barcelona to qualify for the Champions League final. I shall then enjoy a Turkish Delight bar - full of eastern promise and then have a snooze before dinner sometime later this evening.

The end.


0 comments:

Post a Comment