Oh do fuck off now

4/07/2008 02:13:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

So there's been some more protests against the Chinese Olympic thingy this time in Paris. Am I the only one who thinks this is really rather boring and slightly gay? I have every sympathy for the plight of the Tibetans, I do I do..but I can't help them and me trying to blow out the Olympic torch flame in protest is not going to help them. It's not a fucking magic torch. What are people trying to achieve by extinguishing the flame?

If you really really feel that strongly about the issue, go to Tibet. Put yourselves between the wee Tibetan monks and the Chinese military. Then I shall respect your protest...elsewise it's just worthless and mildly irritating.

Most of the people protesting aren't even Tibetan, they appear to be just student types who can't wait to get up in the morning and be offended on someone else's behalf. Just fuck off and stop wearing such ridiculous woolly jumpers that's what I've always said.

On a more amusing note, some of the police in Paris wear roller-blades! Awesome. Some how I just can't see the bobbies here adding this to their uniforms. Armed roller-blade response units. Our police, I don't know, just seem so uncoordinated and just not cool enough to carry this off. We'd do it wrong anyway and give them roller skates instead. Pink ones.

No but no but no seriously..this Olympic stuff: please protesters, you're wasting everyone's time. The world is quite aware of China's human rights record, but the world doesn't actually care see..so running after a wheel chair athlete carrying the Olympic torch and spraying him with a fire extinguisher is going to achieve nothing but give the poor chap a cold.

It doesn't help anyone and it's really quite pathetic and insulting to those on whose behalf you're protesting. Like all those undereducated dirty folks who chase after police vans carrying paedo's to court who wave their fists in the air furiously - it's got nothing to do with justice for the victims and seeking revenge and what not, it's just a competition on who can be seen to be the most offended.

All those Monks in Burma who took on the armed police with nothing but their sandals, and those thousands of Chinese students in Tiananmen Square who stood in front of tanks and were mowed down with live rounds...that's how to protest and still the world didn't do anything. Until you're prepared to offer up that level of commitment, just don't bother. Stick to eating pot noodles and cultivating appalling facial hair.

1 comments:

Comment by Unknown on 7 April 2008 at 21:52

They were talking about this on the Vine show on Radio 2 today. The main woman I remember was a Mrs Ladeeda Gunner Graham with nothing better to do. Reminded me of the Greenham days.
As for rollerblading plods, they;d probably call themselves Armed Roller-skate Support or something (I know it doesn't quite work, but I can't think of anything to go with the "E").

Other people I could tell to F off (and off subject) - is it just me that gets worked up about Americanisms like huni, hun & so on? I did use the "sweety" one on MSN once with someone who uses these a lot, but purposely misspelled it to read "sweaty" - haven't heard from them since.

Post a Comment