Hello

4/26/2008 10:55:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

An interesting day as far as football goes. I really ought to have checked young Paul's blog before I went ahead and backed Manchester City to beat Fulham, but I thought I was being prudent. I had to place my wager last night as I was working under the assumption I wouldn't be awake in time to place the wager prior to the 3pm kick-off.

In real terms, I was surprised Chelsea beat Yoonited this afternoon. On paper they're a much better team. Manchester United's position at the top of our great league is very flattering to them.

In order for United to win the title, assuming they do, three astonishing things had to happen. Foist of all, Jose Mourinho had to resign, ZAP! Arsenal, having been five points clear with about 10 games to go had to go on the worst run in their recent history, winning only 2 games in 12, KAPOW! And Christiano Ronaldo had to go and bang in about 35 goals and break a United scoring record for a midfielder previously held by that ex-upstanding member of the community, George Best.

Had those three occurrences not occurred, either Arsenal or Chelsea would have walked it. If memory serves, Manchester United were in the bottom half of the league for a good few weeks. Unfortunately for myself and the wider football community, they did occur. I still fancy Chelsea though.

Of course Avram Grant is not human, being Israeli I'm sure the core of his soul is as black as one of my fried breakfasts and there's little doubt he spends the small hours of the morning bathing his testicles in the monthly blood of a Palestinian virgin, but his team isn't half bad and since United may have lost Rooney for the season - one of their three best players - the league places look far from set in stone and like Dale Winton after sucking a truck drivers cock in a petrol station toilet, I fancy a reversal in positions.

* * *

After toiling away for hours trying to solve that bloody Mensa thing, I gave up. A Mensa boffin has provided the answer. I'm sure I tried every conceivable combination of numbers, but apparently not. So anyway, this is the answer:

23,108 +
58,435
81,543
* * *

I don't have anything else to say so please talk amongst yourselves while I go off and have some stuff happen to me that I can talk about later. I can't promise anything, but there's a good chance it'll have something to do with my research on the promiscuity of student nurses.


0 comments:

Post a Comment