The power of suggestion

3/13/2008 05:25:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

I've been dreaming about Vegas a lot recently, which is understandable as I'm off there pretty soon. But it's the Mirage Hotel specifically which keeps popping up in my dreams and this I cannot understand. No sir.

I've only ever been to Vegas once before and I didn't go into the Mirage and I'm not staying there in May, so why..why the dreams? Why? Well now, I think last night I figured it out; it's down to memory triggers I reckon.

You'll have seen Rambo and similar movies involving Vietnam vets where they go all crazy cause some innocuous object reminds them of their hellish war experiences. Usually it's ceiling fans that remind them of helicopters, of grates or grills that remind them of bamboo prisons.

You see? So in my case I think my Mirage dreaming is down to my heaters. This is the last thing I see at night before the sandman chucks sand in my eyes:

You see, it looks just like the Mirage no? Sort of. Since Vegas is on my mind a lot anyway, I think that, combined with the similarity of my heaters to the Mirage's facade is causing my Mirage dreams. Oui? You can scoff, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Steve Wynn had storage heaters in his house. The End.

0 comments:

Post a Comment