Shaddup aya face

3/10/2008 08:14:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

No I'm sorry, but it's really about time the Catholic church just fucked off. If there's one thing guaranteed to angry up my blood it's the Pope and his minions dreaming up more and more ways to make our lives as shitty and subordinate as possible.

So this latest caper of theirs involves a new batch of mortal sins; sins with a more contemporary feel to them if you will. I'll try and run through a few of them here if I can keep the bile that's building up inside me as we speak from launching itself over my Mac.

Environmental pollution - I wonder if German Pope Benedict XVI - who of course is ex-Nazi youth - might have some numbers to hand for the carbon emissions of the furnaces at Auschwitz and Belzec during the holocaust?


Genetic manipulation - Er hello!! Pope Benedict XVI again. If he's not genetically manipulated he needs to be.


Accumulating excessive wealth - The Catholic Church owns half the fucking world!!

Inflicting poverty - Right, so you don't want people to accumulate wealth i.e. you want to inflict poverty on them, but you also believe inflicting poverty is a mortal sin? How does that work then? Aren't cloistered Monks and Nuns forced to take a vow of poverty? What's German for contradiction?

Morally debatable experiments - Huh? What does that mean?

Violation of fundamental rights of human nature - This is the very definition of Catholicism. I'm assuming this includes not raping kids repeatedly, that sort of thing?

What pisses me off the most about this is that not one of the news media reporting this stuff will suggest to the Catholic church that it might be as well to keep it's fucking opinions to itself. Get some Islamic cleric spouting the same shite and the Daily Mail would be petitioning for his deportation immediately.

It's all treated as a jolly serious moral panacea for our wicked ways when it's demanded by the Christian faith, but fundamentalism if it's source is Islamic - when in fact it's just hypocritical mucus which ever the faith.

If to be moral is to adhere to the codes in any of the monotheist faiths' scriptures let me always be immoral. I might enjoy winning money, I might indulge in a lie-in once in a while and I might not recycle my newspapers, but by the same token I don't think I'd ever burn my kids if God asked me to or stone my wife to death if I came home to find her bent over the coffee table with the milkman sticking out of her arse.


1 comments:

Comment by Unknown on 11 March 2008 at 17:59

Widerrede or Widerspruch is German for contradiction...apparently!

Isn't the Catholic church just full of paedophiles in red velvet?

I did hear of a story of a catholic priest who had his bike stolen. The bishop comes to visit the priest and hears about the missing bike.
"Here's what to do," he says, "preach a sermon next Sunday on the Ten Commandments and when you get to 'Thou shalt not steal', have a look out into the congregation, and you'll see a twinge of guilt somewhere."
A month goes by and the bishop comes calling again.
"Did you get the bike back?"
"Yes, I did."
"Through the Ten Commandments?"
"Yes, but not quite how you thought I would," explains the priest. "I was going through the Commandments in my sermon," he says, "and I came to 'Thou shalt not commit adultery', and I suddenly remembered where I had left it."

Post a Comment