Wagering pokering

2/14/2009 01:57:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /


It's a common misconception that my blog is named after the horsey that runs today in the 2:15 at Ascot. But it ain't. I will be placing a wager on him today though at even money despite my not knowing anything about the race or racing in general in fact. It's one of those wagers placed on the strength of my instinctual waters. The same waters that are telling me Burnley will turn over Wolves today and Bristol City will triumph over Southampton despite the Saints being a better team away from home.

I fancy West Ham too as Gareth Southgate pretty much conceded in one of his interviews that he cares not what jot for the FA Cup and Middlesbrough generally don't do too well in London anyway. I've got all sorts of other wagers placed on a bunch of stuff today and next week's Champions League. Most of these bets I don't even remember placing. I get bored see, and in the wee small hours of the morning there's very little to do other than watch repeats of Dallas or place arbitrary wagers.

I'm off to Aspers again tonight also to make an attempt on the treble. A treble no one has ever completed or attempted. The Pigeons/Fox/Aspers treble. If I'm successful I'll attempt the quadruple with a visit to Abingdon tomorrow for their £30 freeze-out.

If I can manage it, no doubt the Mayor of Carterton will have me bronzed. Immortality awaits. Or I''ll just read my book while Alan wins it. Incidentally, my blog name means something like "I go before you" or "this is for you." It's what matadors say before plunging their swords into the bulls face. An appropriate metaphor I think you'll agree.

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment