Misery loves company

6/02/2008 06:08:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

Look at this:

Obituary, incest, death, brain surgery, dead, dead, bus crash, sect and something about Angelina Jolie. What a fucking depressing horror show list of articles. These aren't even the stories the media have thrust into our faces either, these are currently the most popular articles viewed on CNN! People are voluntarily subjecting themselves to these stories. Why? Surely if you're browsing you want to find something positive, something uplifting no? The last time I was confronted by such a depressing menu of woebegone misery I was choosing my breakfast at a Little Chef.

Most people on the street look like death. Is it because they read this stuff, or do they read this stuff because misery loves company? I'm quickly off to watch an episode of Rainbow on You Tube before I abandon all hope and stick my head in my oven. It's an electric oven so I'm pre-heating it to 220 degrees as we speak. It should take 12 minutes; let's hope 11 minutes of Rainbow restores my faith in human nature. Fingers crossed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment