Watership downed

12/12/2007 12:10:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /



boomp3.com

Watership Down was on this evening. I hadn't seen it before. My mum wouldn't let me watch it when I was a nipper cause she said it was weird and scary. She was right about the long term effects of boiled cabbage and she was about this too. Scared the hell out of me it did and if I'm not mistaken, the bird was a foul mouthed bastard. FUCK AAAARF FUCK AAAAARF and so on.

I'm not sure what the point of the original novel was but I suspect it was some sort of thinly veiled Biblical bollocks. All those kids books from that era were religiously allegorical. That CS Lewis dude and his Narnia stories - dirty paedo bastard, Roald Dalh too probably being Welsh. Harmful harmful stuff. Boiled cabbage for the mind. It's a wonder I emerged from my childhood emotionally unscathed. Sort of. Baaaaah.

I killed a rabbit last night as I was driving home as it happens. From the crushing noise I assumed I'd caught it flush on the skull with my driver's side rear wheel. For some reason I thought I'd go back and have a look, maybe take a picture for the blog, but I couldn't find the bugger. Weird no? Up and down the road I drove and not a bleeding Leporidae carcass to be found. My wheels were clean too as was the road, but I definitely hit it; either that or I'd driven over a large back of pork scratchings.

***

In other news, this afternoon I bought a t-shirt. It's of Popeye playing poker. And why not? Although I don't like Popeye because I've always been horrified by fat arms, and Olive Oyl ..urgh jesus,in my opinion shagging that would be like riding a bike without a saddle, and she reminds me of the woman from the Shining. Shelley Duvall I think? But the T-shirt was something I felt would be worth having. Now I think about it though I feel I've made an error.

***

Now then, as far as take-way food is concerned I don't think you can go wrong for value with a visit to the fish and chip shop. Pound for pound it's got Chinese food, pizzas and Indian nosh dominated. A pizza is clearly the worst for value. Bread, tomato sauce and cheese that'll be £10 please. Naff orf!

Indian food while expensive is rather dense and filling and is therefore good value and I think the Indian accent is amusing. God bless those little chaps, genetically subservient to us and don't they do it well. I've forgiven them the mutiny as they always give me free poppadoms.

With Indian food though you do have to factor in the cost of the medication during the convalescence period. Indigestion remedies, ulcer creams, haemorrhoid balms and toilet paper don't come cheap.

Chinese food is a favourite of mine, but I'm still to be convinced they're not aliens and therefore the danger exists that all the meats in those dishes are of human origin. Chinese sinography is not of this world, and with that entire race of 'people' all being the same height and all having names beginning with X and all being good with computers and all wearing those uniforms that look like pyjamas, not to mention their eyes and language, they can't possibly be of this world.

So with this in mind, I declare a good honest bag of fish and chips possibly with a pickled onion and if the mood takes you, a battered sausage all for about £6, just about as out of this world you can achieve without being Chinese. I had this very meal this evening and I've never felt so alive.


The End

0 comments:

Post a Comment