All we need is just a little patience

11/13/2007 02:16:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /

OK things have reached a point where enough is enough. I'm bombing out of far far too many poker tournaments cause I can't relax and pick my spots accordingly. Poker and a lack of patience is so much of a handicap. Imagine Heather McCartney having to run for a bus or take a free-kick and you'll have some idea of how difficult it is to maneuver your way through a MTT when you're constantly almost choking to get your chips in the middle.

I think this stems from a deep seated insecurity I am burdened with. Yes I know ostensibly I am a brash, handsome, ferociously intelligent, funny and confident chap. A 21st century male and a Leo to boot. Inside however, I'm a but a flower, limp and starved of sunlight and love. This is the currency of life and I am a very poor man indeed.

Consequently, I am constantly concerned about the lack of abundance in whatever aspect of my life. Not enough money, not enough chips, not nearly enough oral sex; my inner chi is constantly off balance making my decision making through this fog of insecurity very tricky.

So the solution as with most things, is to turn to a man who is so at one with himself, he is not afraid to sport a nappy in public. I wouldn't usually take advise from adult nappy wearers. Ghandi for example, was in my opinion, a twat. I wouldn't have him in my top ten humans of all time anymore than I'd put Pele in my top ten players of all time. Frauds, both of them.

Although the Dalai Lama might just be a lunatic who's spent way too much time on his own, I like his style and I don't count Buddhism as blind faith so it's ok to learn from these people. Plus those little Burmese monks are all tough little cookies and anyone who's prepared to take on an army wearing nothing but sandals and a bed sheet is worth listening to.


I'm on holiday now poker wise until November 30th when I shall visit Dusk Til Dawn for the £100 freeze-out. Only time will tell if this will allow me enough time to chill the fuck out. Oooooh, I can't wait I can't wait.

That was a joke, see what I did there? I'll get me coat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment