Ebays and stuff

11/03/2009 07:03:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

Just while I'm waiting for the Champions League games to kick-off I thought I'd bring you up to date on my current Ebay auctions in progress. As we speak I'm bidding on an awesome yellow and Red letterman sweater sporting a cool W on the front. I believe it's from somewhere in Ohio, which isn't ideal as I still blame Ohio for George Bush's second term as President, but I'm willing to overlook this in the name of audacious fashion statement making.

Sweater: awesome

Also I am bidding for a classic Napoli shirt with the Mars sponsor from the 1984-85 season when they had Maradonna in the side and weren't shit. I like retro football shirts and I do so enjoy having an interest in a team from each of the top European leagues. I chose Napoli as my Italian team because I was very keen on Mars bars and that superseded any anger I held towards Maradona for the hand of God goal.

Shirt: awesome

Interestingly most of the teams I've chosen throughout Europe have become shit as a consequence of my support. Atletico Madrid for example are my Spanish team. Borrusia Dortmund my German team. Ajax my Dutch team. Arsenal on the other hand have gone the other way and were shit and have become the best ever team ever to play the game ever.

* * *

In other news, it's about that time in the month when I consider anteing up for the £300 game at DTD. I have funds available, but I still consider £300 to be a significant sum of monies and given the expense of a two day event (hopefully a two day event) it's essentially a £500 weekend and juxtaposed with the number of letterman sweaters and retro-football kits I could buy for this amount, it's a considerable dilemma - made all the more difficult as I am running so well at the moment.

One feels one should take advantage of the favourable light in which the poker Gods are seeing me at present. Actually to be fair it's really that I'm not sure I can get up in time to get up there before the 2pm kick-off.


Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment