Poker or Lego, that it should come to this.

8/19/2009 04:24:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /


It's sunny today and earlier I enjoyed a nice glass of lemonade in the pub while reading my book about how sexism is mostly bollocks (if you'll excuse the para-phrased pun) while taking sneaky ironic glances at the bronzed eye candy stretched out on the church green; legs, navel, perspiring heaving bosom (possible asthma attack actually given the pollen count but it looked erotic).

It was only on my return home I was able to concentrate on a matter of great importance which has been troubling me for nearly a day now. Regular readers of my blog will be aware of my quest to find a specific Space Lego model. It has become clear that if I am serious about this purchase it will lighten my wallet to the tune of at least £100.


As an alternative I could put my name in the hat for a seat in the APAT World thingy Main Event at Dusk Till Dawn at the end of the month. It's a close contest. My early equations are just muddying the waters. By my calculations it would take me approximately 52 minutes to put together the Galaxy Explorer, while given my previous efforts in 10,000 chip deep-stack tournaments and given that I have clearly gone at the game, I would enjoy 102 minutes of poker.


The difference of course is that after building this retro-tastic Lego Spaceship I could spend the rest of my life marveling at it's splendor and bask in the warmth of the nostalgic memories it provokes from a more innocent time or just take it to pieces and sell it on, possibly for more than I paid for it. After busting out of the APAT event, 100 miles from home I'd only be left with nothing but a sense of empty frustration and deep seated inadequacy.

Of course, no matter how thinly you slice something, there are always two sides. It is possible that at 35 I'm too old to be playing with Lego and there is always the smallest chance that I could rediscover some form and progress in the tournament, even to the money stages, something I haven't achieved since the very first time I played one of these events two years ago.

I think the draw for a seat is tomorrow. I need to clear my head and decide. I think some me time is the order of the day. Once I've released my own muddy waters I shall make my decision.

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment