Traveling without moving

11/18/2008 01:38:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

I dreamt last night that someone came up with a cool idea to solve all the congestion on our motorways. The plan was to convert a fleet of Zambonis to lay asphalt instead of ice and over the course of a few weeks they'd travel up and down the motorways laying an extra lane in minutes.

It's so simple, and all it takes for this plan to work is for us all to be asleep and dream it. I'm sure the Government has the chemicals available to induce a nation wide catatonic state. No wait, if they could do that it wouldn't matter what we dreamt. No, never mind.

I eased my way back into poker last night with a third placed finish in the gentle £25 freeze-out. It's difficult to assess ones performance. Given the cards I was dealt I would have despaired had I not made the monies. Aces twice, Kings twice, Queens, Ace-King twice and King-Jack with an accompanying flop of J-K-K and someone shoving all their chips in for me.

I was card dead for the first hour. Did not win a single pot and was wondering why I bothered playing, then it all turned around. To be fair, with only five days until the Pigeons game I have to be honest - I'm not ready. It may have served me better had I not been dealt such good cards and had to hack and thrash my way through the tournament. I needed a Charge of Light Brigade type battle, instead I was armed to the teeth fighting an enemy who had only rotten fruit.

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment