That was the week that was

11/12/2008 08:06:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

Good evening. It's been a few days and for that I apologise. I've been unwell bless me. I was concerned a few weeks ago that I had turned into a wetter version of Ghandi. I needn't have worried. There's nothing more likely to reverse the direction of ones liberal political compass than a few weeks of being under the weather. Thank fuck Hitler was healthy.

Patience, tolerance, empathy and compassion all require energy and are quickly jettisoned by the immune system as a matter of self preservation. More convenient defensive emotions are required and all of those are generally negative.

Over the past two weeks I've become less and less liberal. Once Barack Obama had safely been elected a release valve seemed to open within me and I suddenly wanted a lot of people dead, I had no sympathy for the gayests (I'm calling them gayests at the moment) who were denied the right to marry in some states in the US after the same people who voted for Barack Obama also voted for Proposition 8 and I desperately wanted to wave my fist at a kid who kicked his ball against my window, but I couldn't find the energy to get out of bed...I just loudly called him a little cunt instead, which made me cough...so I called him a cunt again. Twenty minutes that vicious circle lasted.

* * *

I ought not to have watched Arsenal on Saturday. Had they lost I would have torn the world a new one. Incidentally, I think that game exposed one of the most ridiculous myths in football; that Manchester United have a deep squad. Have they 'eck as fuck. Their first eleven had five players in it I could not have recognised had I bumped into them in Waitrose. And, and...while our second team was duffing up Premier League side Wigan in the Cola-Pop Cup, Man Utd's were struggling to beat QPR.

* * *

I was awake in time to watch PMQ's today. I banned myself from watching that a while ago. I should have switched off. It is fair to say the adulation Barack Obama is receiving from the whole world has become a border line cult and a bit worrying, but at least he's a comparatively sincere man for a politician and does actually seem to care about the state of his nation and the world.

The collection of £4,000 suits in our House of Commons don't have an drop of humanity or sincerity between them. Fuck knows what they're like when they're ill. They got really angry with each other today. Really waving their bits of paper at each other they were. Gordon Brown accused Cameron of playing party politics with the death of "Baby P" - a poor little 17 month old baby who was beaten to death by his parents.

Outraged Cameron was. Outraged. Gordon Brown is of course a dick and should not have said this. But he's a political robot without any emotion. He knows no better. Cameron on the other hand is a shifty fucker, and although he possibly had cause to feel outraged, Gordon Brown was probably right and if bumped into him in Waitrose as well as those Man Utd players I couldn't recognise, and I asked him about this case again, I doubt he'd be able to discuss the details with me unless he had his notes with him.

* * *

I think I'll make my Ali like return to the ring next Monday at the Fox. A gentle £25 freeze-out to ease me back into the game. These last few weeks I've been sneakily sitting behind the players that confuse me the most so I can see what cards they play. Eventually I got too frightened and couldn't make sense of it all, so decided just to get back playing and hope I guess right when I'm up against any of them.

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment