Poor everyone but me

2/17/2007 05:21:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

















This is people queuing outside to get into McDonalds! I would find this ridiculous at any time of the day, but particularly on this occasion as it was pissing down with rain and there is a perfectly good Tesco's not 20 metres away to the east, which sells yummy sammiches that are far more nutritious and tasty than something cooked up an hour ago by a Polish man who claims absurdly, that his name really is Steve Wilson. And look at the poor little girl in the pink coat. You can't see her face, but to me, her body language is screaming, look at that nice warm Tesco's not 30 seconds walk away, my mummy must not love me.

I've got nothing against McDonalds per se. I think the level of criticism launched in their direction is disproportionate. I know one could do all kinds of damage to ones body if one were to eat at McDonalds every meal, but I think if I put my back into it, I could do the same level of damage eating at a posh la-de-dah type restaurant. The kind of place where a Rivita costs £75 and a little wrinkly guy sits on a stool in the toilets watching you piss and wants tipping for it. Michael Winner didn't need a triple heart by-pass operation and his leg amputating because he ate at McDonalds every evening.


Everything in moderation I say. No matter how much you enjoy a particular food, surely those cravings should never be so overwhelming that you become prepared to stand outside in the pissing rain (with your children) in order get at it. It's mildly depressing really. It's the kind of thing that makes me think, poor everyone but me.

It's a good picture incidentally, isn't it? I took it with my phone camera as I was driving by. I actually had to hold up traffic to take it. I think the gentleman behind me called me a tosser, but I felt I needed to draw this issue to your attention. I took one for the team as it were. So anyway, please don't do this. Think of the kids.

2 comments:

Comment by Mlle. Christina on 17 February 2007 at 18:49

:-0 !!

People don't even do that HERE! In...Oklahoma. They must be putting some sort of low grade but seriously addictive crack in y'all's burgers. Except I mean "youse guys" burgers of course.

Comment by Rich on 17 February 2007 at 19:01

Yes, Oklamhomo, where you're from. They say the lines for breakfast Taco's are pretty long in Texas, where you're not from.

Post a Comment