Iraq part of Maine land USA?

2/20/2007 02:09:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

Somehow I managed to notice today how remarkably similar Iraq is geographically to the state of Maine. I say geographically, because that's where the similarity ends. Is it a coincidence that Maine looks like an appendage to the United States the way it's sorting of clinging to the northeastern mainland, like it's been added on recently ? Not that Iraq has been annexed by the USA or anything.

So yes, the irony here of course is that while Iraq remains the wild west, Maine remains quite possibly the most boring, law abiding place on earth. Only someone from Utah could describe Maine as a beautiful place to visit (click on the Maine link above for 5th grader Kathryn's report on Maine). The state motto of Maine is apparently "dirigo", which means "I Lead", another irony, I think you'll agree.

If you're stuck for something to do, why not try and find similar geographical, political and sociological ironies. I'm going to rest now, living life at 100mph as I do takes it's toll.

0 comments:

Post a Comment