Triumph and tragedy

9/25/2009 04:49:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

I'm currently struggling to find reasons to get out of bed. I'm bored. Ennui has overwhelmed me and time has become irrelevant. Neal has given up gambling again so it must be Friday, but I can't be sure. I need a hobby. I'm bored of sports betting. I'm miles away from the nicer poker venues and there's only so long a 35 year old can play with Lego before it's not funny anymore.

Regrets I have a few. I'm with Frank on that one. You know what I saw today people? A brand new Suzuki GSX-R 1000. Gold and black it was - all shiny and Japanese. I do so love motorbikes. We left the BP garage shop in Cartoon Town at the same time. He was in Oxford before I had my seat-belt on though probably.

Let's get one thing perfectly clear; I am by no stretch of the imagination, fit enough to ride two wheeled rockets no more. But I'm not fit to judge politicians on a lack of morals, but I still do that. I should never have gotten rid of my Triumph three or four years ago. I loved that gorgeous British yellow and black beauty.


I sold it because I wanted to own an Italian diablo red Ducati with gold trim and twinkly bits. A tragic moment of extravagant madness. I can't imagine being launched into orbit in the Space Shuttle is anymore uncomfortable than riding a Ducati - I did look good at petrol stations though. It was never worth it in hindsight. All the posing and showing off. I should have stuck with the Trumpet. I could still have it now.

I'm tempted. I'm tempted to start browsing the MCN and the bike trader mags. P'raps it's a good thing we're coming up to winter. I'd be even more tempted if the annual two weeks of OK weather was just around the corner.

No, this is definitely a bad idea. Bad bad bad. Na na na na. Think of something else. I better go and look at some tits. Have a good weekend.

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment