Let it snow let it snow let it snow

12/22/2009 04:59:00 am / The truth was spoken by Rich /


It took me almost half an hour to negotiate my way to the sammich shop and back yesterday. Crazy! I did stop to have my hair cut on the way back of course, but still, this damned weather is getting my dander up...not because of the tricky driving conditions though.

What raises my dander so, is how we have the nerve to whinge about weather that is completely uncontrollable. This collective pomposity is at it's most extreme when it snows. I've done this myself of course so rest assured I've spent this morning giving myself a severe reprimanding.

In South East Asia they have typhoons and hurricanes and earth quakes that wipe out cabillions of people at a time. They feel the full force of Mother Nature's wrath annually and yet we have the nerve to get all uppity because the snow has made it impossible for us to go to France for the weekend or get to work - and that's the same work most people spend all year complaining about anyway. There's just no pleasing some people.

Are we really so arrogant that we can't accept that we are not the Guv'nors of this planet - Mummy Nature is in charge and when she wants to remind of this, there's nothing any of us can do about it, not me not you, not Al Gore and not even Berkshire county council regardless of how many gritters they have.

A road gritter yesterday


It's this Anthropogenic Global Warming mob that have illustrated to me how ridiculous we are to gripe about these bouts of inconvenient weathers. This arrogance is the very essence of why I hate AGW campaigners.

Global warming might very well be in effect, but to insist for even a minute that it's us that have caused it and the science is settled - even if that minute came while under the influence of whiskey and night nurse - is arrogance beyond and above anything you'll ever see from a Premier League footballer even Glenn Hoddle. It's a whole new level of arrogance and conceit in fact.

Let's not forget first of all, that these same science boffins who are leading the charge were sending badly hand written letters to Richard Nixon in the 60's and 70's about the coming of a new ice age! Up until the 90's the science boffin "consensus" was of global cooling, it's only very recently they've decided it's actually warming up.

It's bullshit, they discovered they could receive vast funding with this kind of Chicken Little scaremongering and when it became clear the global cooling idea was nonsense, they did an about face and started off again with the global warming prophesies of doom. As we all know - once the politicians get involved the actual truth falls by the wayside. One in particular, Al Gore, saw an opportunity in all this for some tom foolery and was so convincing he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize!

Al Gore: Hooray, you're even showing my bullshit movie to
kids in schools, I'm rich beyond my wildest dreams. Suckers!


We're an ocean planet. The most voluminous (is that a word? Biggest anyway..) green house gas by miles is water vapour and there's noffin we can do about that. And also, even if CO2 was an issue, something like 95% of the CO2 emissions come from the ocean too.

These AGW campaigner dudes have started calling people like me "deniers." That's the sort of language your honest to goodness basic Islamic extremist uses. It's never followed by a constructive debate, just a stoning to death in the town centre.

It's very worrying when people use this kind of language in any walk of life, but especially so when it's coming from the science community. Science is never settled. Science just shows us that somethings, beyond a reasonable doubt, are so. I think Picard of the Enterprise said that and he should know. Science offers up theories and repeatedly tries to disprove them, there's never any absolutes in the science game.

I'm not a denier. I just have reasonable doubts and I also don't care if there is a serious problem anyway. The sooner we're done away with, the better off the galaxy will be is what I've always said.

What I'm saying people, is that we've been on this planet for about 40 seconds in relative terms, so for us to assume we're capable of messing this place up for good is utter utter nonsense. We'd do well to remind ourselves of this once in a while. So let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. A bit of humble pie might chill us out and make us nicer people.




Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment