What's wrong with this picture?

1/12/2007 05:35:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

Take a close look at the two pictures below.








OK, come back to me now. What you've got here on the left is poor wee Lynndie "I was only following orders and had no idea I wasn't meant to torture and humiliate these dudes I was locking up" England. Possibly one of the most famous photgraphs to come out of the Iraq war, sorry, police action, no wait, liberation, democratisation, USifying..whatever. Despite just being the victim of her superiors inhumanity she was court-martialled and I believe she now works in a Piggly Wiggly after her dishonourable disharge.

On the right we have Michelle Manhart (30) 34-24-34. An Air force Staff Sergeant who recently posed for Playboy (which I only get for the pictures) and is about to face a court martial also.

Now, of the two pictures, using all your intelligence and objective reasoning, who has committed the more heinous crime? It's a tricky one. On the one hand, you've got someone who participated in the systematic torture and abuse of Iraqi "prisoners" who as it turns out may have done nothing more than have facial hair to deserve their incarceration and on the other hand we have a dedicated Air Force Sergeant with a set of killer 34c groobies who just wanted to show them off. If that's not an exercise in raising moral, which let's face it, must be kinda low in the US military right now, I don't know what is.

I have all sorts of opportunities here to reel off double entendre after double entendre about discharging and conduct unbeCUMMING and maybe something about standing to attention, but this has made me lose my sense of humour. Of all the things that have gone on Iraq that are court martial worthy, the powers that be have decided that getting nekkid for an adult magazine is a most cancerous form of betrayal to the good name of the US armed services and must be punished accordingly.

If I hadn't washed my hands with the world I might find this state of affairs hard to swallow.

that's what she said etc

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

0 comments:

Post a Comment