Silly science, you go girl

9/14/2007 04:53:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

"If The McCanns Confess It Only Goes To Show They're Innocent"

By Fiona Carole Richard-Judy-Pearson-Deffefle-Smyth-Carlton-Phillips


AS if having to fly home via EasyJet was not hard enough for poor Kate and Gerry, they are now having to endure more diabolical speculation that they killed poor Maddy. Why? Because of new so-called 'DNA' evidence.

This is nothing short of ludicrous. I'm no forensic expert, but I happen to know that everyone has DNA. So how can we be sure it was Maddy's?

Well, apparently the latest crackpot theory is that some boffin in a Birmingham laboratory says it might be. How inappropriate to apply science to a situation of such raw emotion.

Are we expected to believe that the McCanns, who have touched everyone with their incredible sang-froid and poker-faced resilience despite the abduction and possible death of their daughter, could have done anything to harm sweet Maddy, just on the basis of cold, hard science? Why are these faceless ghouls in white coats playing with their test tubes and bunsen burners when their time could be better spent helping the poor McCanns, holed up in Rothley, Leicestershire, in their indefatigable hunt for their little girl?

I don't know what the doctors do in Portugal, and frankly I do not wish to know, but someone should tell the Portimao plod that British doctors aren't murderers. And before anyone cries 'Shipman', may I point out that there's an exception to every rule, and since Harold Shipman has already proved himself the exception to that particular rule, the McCanns couldn't have killed their daughter. If only the Portuguese police could apply such logic, they might have found Maddy by now.

My female instincts tell me that the McCanns are innocent, and I trust my female instincts far more than any foreign police force or hairbrained scientist.

The McCanns deserve respect and admiration for standing strong and continuing to insist that their daughter has been abducted in spite of a lack of supporting evidence and an uncaring Portuguese police force pre-occupied with solving crimes.

I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe the McCanns had anything to do with Maddy's disappearance, and I will continue to refuse to believe it even if they are convicted of murder in a court of law. Even if they confess, it will only be so they can get all of this nonsense out of the way and resume the search for Maddy from their police cells. Such a confession would only act as a beacon of their innocence and decency.

I'm sure I speak for everyone at dinner parties up and down the country when I say: 'Don't worry, Kate and Gerry, we believe in you and everything you say, except when you say something that isn't true just because it will help in the search for Maddy, who we know you couldn't have possibly killed.'

Shame on you, scientists."








A picture of love and innocence

1 comments:

Anonymous on 14 September 2007 at 20:22

I'd rather play chess with Alexander Pichushkin than go to a dinner party with the McCanns.

Post a Comment