Poker gods shine on Hansen and Tottenham get shit on

9/15/2007 10:21:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

I couldn't think of a punchy title for this entry, so I just went with a simple and to the point statement. I went to the smoke today - that's London in kids speak - to watch the World Series of Poker Europe main event. For those of you with an interest in this sort of thing, it seemed a badly run hash of a tournament, pretty typical of British organisation, only this one seemed to be the work of our over-weight cousins from the US of States.

Anyway now, Gus Hansen seemed to be doing rather well and perhaps if he is to succeed he'll be able to buy himself some new trainers cause the ones he was wearing had holes in them. In between hands he'd relay the betting patterns into his wee dictaphone in his hilarious native Danish tongue. Fleurggen de froogan hargen dazzen etc. Similar to Welsh with it's ridiculous sounding and phlegm producing throaty pronunciations, but not as threatening somehow.


Gods shining on Gus


In other news, Tottenham were given a hammering by the Arsenal ..again. Awful, awful people up there in Harringay and I think the sooner that whole borough is collapsed - preferably while they're all sleeping in their beds - and forgotten about, the better we'll all be, that's what I always say. My love for Cesc Fabregas is now boardering on the homo-sexual, but I am not ashamed. Oh no. I am not ashamed.


The End.

0 comments:

Post a Comment