The ghost of Jon Pertwee

6/21/2007 12:04:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

I went to bed yesterday at 9.30pm. I haven't done that since I was 8. I was a tired boy though and slept soundly until about 4.00am when the hungries woke me up. I chose to bed them back down with soup. It was a BIG soup. Chicken and vegetable if you must know.

Now, I can often be found awake at this hour, but you don't generally expect to see people walking past your window and you definitely don't expect it to be Jon Pertwee, partly because he doesn't live round here, but mostly because he's dead, and yet this is what happened.

I was taking a sip of my soup and there was a carrot on my spoon too, I remember the carrot being there cause I said to myself, oh, a bit of carrot is on my spoon; anyway, then I looked up and a chap was walking, nay floating, past my window. He stopped for a second, looked into my living room and then continued on, as if, ..as if he was going somewhere or something. Weird.

Anyone who remembers Worzel Gummidge will appreciate how terrifying this experience was for me. I'm still not myself. Jon Pertwee was a scary looking fella. You have to have a certain look of crazy about you to play Dr Who but to play old Worzel you have to make Ian Brady look like a Chuckle brother.

Why would someone stroll past my window at 4.30am? Why did they stop for a second and look into my living room? Just cause there was a light on? I'm hoping it wasn't Jon Pertwee, but who was he? And what did he want?

1 comments:

Anonymous on 25 June 2007 at 07:41

I only hope he didn't decide to change heads whilst floating past as well. That would have really freaked me out. I'm off for a cup of tea and slice of cake.

Post a Comment