счастливый час

6/15/2007 07:27:00 pm / The truth was spoken by Rich /

Apparently Russian working class men are dying because of their "non-beverage" alcohol addictions. No one can afford Vodka so they're making do they say. To be fair, with the state Russia is in, if I was a tarmacing roads in Volgograd, I'd drink after shave too and all those yummy herbal tinctures and cleansing agents. Why wouldn't you. If a bottle of Vodka cost you a weeks wages but five litres of Brute cost you half a days pay and got you pissed in a fraction of the time, only a fool would choose the Vodka.

Really, it's the people who are living to a ripe old age you want to feel sorry for. Imagine living in somewhere like Burnley with ten below zero temperatures for eight months of the year and tell me you wouldn't be drinking Windowlene every night. And those who are drinking aftershave will have the loveliest smelling breath surely?

Of course all this may have been avoided had the US maybe given the Russians a bit of financial aid once the cold war was over. I mean if you're gonna be hell bent on installing democracy all over the globe Russia would appear to be a good place to start. One or two McDonalds' and a Starbucks in St Petersburg doesn't quite cut it.

Anyway, you've got to laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous on 15 June 2007 at 20:11

Tinctures is such a satisfying word, "tinctures" "tinctures" I could say it all day. I think I could do the windowlene over ice sounds yummy.

Well now back to something important like studying for Ascot, I'll probably be having quite a few shillings on it myself.

Gilly xx

Anonymous on 19 June 2007 at 20:33

They're a funny bunch these Russians. The country really needs to get its act together. I was going to say they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery but thats exactly what they would be good at. A shot of polonium 210 with a fragrant 50ml Gucci pour homme chaser please bar steward...

Post a Comment